Thunder Bay Restaurants
Make a free reservation
Check out diners' favourite restaurants in Thunder Bay
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Caribou Restaurant + Wine Bar opened in November of 1999. The menu has been developed over many years of visiting restaurants all over North America and the world. Options represent Italian, Asian, Cuban or any other styles of new and exciting cuisine.
Caribou has been listed in "Where to Eat in Canada" for several years running and the wine list has earned the "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" every year since 2002.
The natural northern beauty of our surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for our local and seasonally inspired menus whether you are dining in the restaurant or out on our lakefront patio during the summer months.
Seler Restaurant & Wine, established in December 2021 and brought to you by the Gallant Corp, offers contemporary, local cuisine with elements of French cooking. A welcoming dining room, an eclectic wine list, and knowledgeable staff make for perfect pairings.
Create your memorable moments tonight, at Seler!
Anchor & Ore experiences are filled with great conversations, distinctive food and beverages delivered with precision service. We take pride in making every dining experience unique and memorable.
Located in the Heart of the Thunder Bay waterfront, close to the downtown Port Arthur district overlooking beautiful Lake Superior.
See what locals rave about in Thunder Bay
- MSMaksymS1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoWe were seated at one table, but we asked to be moved to another table. We were transferred immediately. It was nice. Our waiter was a girl named Maria. She was very sweet and pleasant. She is a professional in her field. Maria recommended us good wine and delicious salad. My wife and I had a great evening.More infoThe Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Thunder Bay$$$$• Steakhouse• Thunder Bay•4.7
- KWKaeliWToronto / Ontario •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoAmazing food! Can’t wait to go back!!!! The service, drinks and food were all great.More infoEL TRES$$$$• Mexican• Thunder Bay•4.8
- SASheilaAToronto / Ontario •28 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoFour of us met up at Lot 66 for a 'birthday supper'. Our Server, Britto, was amazing ... vibrant, welcoming, very knowledgeable about the menu AND the wines, and was able to help us make great dinner & beverage choices. We were well attended to, appies AND dinner were absolutely delicious!!! An overall wonderful evening. Thank You! We'll be back!More infoLot 66$$$$• Canadian• Thunder Bay•4.7
- IFIvoryF1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoThe staff was very helpful and friendly. They made sure that they knew if anyone had any allergies and did everything in their power to accommodate those allergies. The food was delicious, all of the plates were sent back empty. The resturant was busy and the energy was grata! It was not overly loud despite being busy and everyone was clearly enjoying themselves. The staff was knowledgeable on the food and was great at answering questions when we had them. We had a great time and everyone enjoyed themselves!More infoBight Restaurant + Bar$$$$• Contemporary Canadian• Thunder Bay•4.6
- LJLauraJToronto / Ontario •3 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoBusiness lunch was great - the tables are arranged well for private conversation at a booth or open for meeting others. Food was perfect with great taste and many options to choose from. Service was not slow and not rushed...well timed. I'll be back!More infoSeler Restaurant & Wine$$$$• Contemporary Canadian• Thunder Bay•4.7
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in Thunder Bay
The Best Places to Grab a Drink in Toronto
Whether you prefer a cozy dive bar, a cheerful brewpub, or a swanky hotel lounge, there’s no shortage of places in Toronto to enjoy a drink. The city’s after-dark scene teems with creative mixologists, innovative drink menus, and settings that tempt you to linger. Many of Toronto’s best bars invite you to bring both your thirst and your hunger, with top-notch food menus giving you the option to stay for a meal. Read on for OpenTable’s picks of where to go for low-intervention wine—that’s vino produced with minimum interference from the winemaker—perfectly-prepared old fashioneds, or locally brewed ales in Toronto.
The 18 Greatest Restaurants Around Toronto
Toronto’s distinctive neighbourhoods and multicultural history make the city one of the most exciting places to eat in the country. Many of the city’s greatest restaurants merge Canadian food traditions with those from other parts of the world, showcasing what happens when the country’s ingredients meet those from Korea, China, Pakistan, and beyond. And when the past several years pushed the city’s entire hospitality industry to the brink, restaurants in The 6 rose to the occasion, keeping Torontonians fed and their pantries full. There’s no better time to acknowledge and support the restaurants that have had an immeasurable influence on modern dining in Toronto: meet The Greats, the 18 restaurants that breathe life into the city.
The Top 12 Toronto Restaurants for Outdoor Dining
Toronto comes to life during patio season, and a long dreary winter of lockdowns makes its arrival this year feel particularly celebratory. From glamorous rooftops with bar bites to tranquil backyard settings with Asian-influenced fare, there’s an al fresco restaurant for every mood and craving. Read on to discover some of the top spots for outdoor dining in Toronto.
11 of Toronto’s outstanding spots for celebrating special occasions
Torontonians come from all corners of the world. So it’s only natural that the special occasion restaurants in Canada’s largest city have global sensibilities. Celebrate a relationship milestone at a hidden French countryside escape in Midtown. Take a group gathering to a lively King West karaoke spot with Sichuan-inspired plates. For an epic birthday dinner, head to a Harbourfront Italian icon that was just awarded a MICHELIN star. Queen City’s restaurants are ready to host your next anniversary, family reunion, or promotion. Read on for a list of Toronto's top 11 special occasion spots to book now.
Toronto’s 6 Best New Restaurants to Try
With restaurants featuring big-name chefs, bold flavours, and jaw-dropping views, Toronto continues to earn its reputation as an exciting food town. The summer of 2022 ushered in a wave of new openings and resurrections. There are fine-dining venues serving artfully plated masterpieces, design-forward restaurants dishing out seriously high-quality fare, and casual spots serving relaxed vibes with great food. No matter what you’re craving, these must-book Toronto tables, the best of Queen City right now, offer something for diners of all stripes.
Where to Find the Best Burgers in Toronto
Few foods are more soul-warmingly satisfying than a well-made burger. This classic handheld never goes out of style — perhaps because the best burgers strike a delicate balance between the familiar and the novel. The beef-and-bun combo is timeless and comforting, but — from fancy wagyu patties to globally influenced condiments and housemade buns — there are endless ways to dress it up and intrigue diners’ taste buds. Whether you prefer a locally sourced beef burger enjoyed in stylish surroundings or a light, alternative protein option that you can eat on the run, these 10 essential Toronto burgers satisfy every kind of craving.
The 12 most romantic restaurants in Toronto for every type of date
Toronto’s signature diversity infuses many aspects of its food scene, including its batch of romantic restaurants. For some couples, date night means crisp white tablecloths, fine wine, and exceptional service. Others lust after buzzy hotspots that encourage them to lean in close for intimate conversations. Fortunately, the Queen City is well-stocked with both kinds of places—and everything in between. In North York, a decades-old French landmark, known for its flower-filled patio, is sure to impress even the choosiest date. A Trinidadian chef serves up inspired Caribbean cuisine and dreamy getaway vibes at a rustic Queen West restaurant. Shareable small plates pair well with flirty banter at a beloved tapas joint in Little Italy. Whether you’re wooing a new crush or celebrating your 10th wedding anniversary, Toronto has a table for you. Read on for a guide to 12 of the city’s most romantic restaurants, poised for every type of date.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Toronto
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Thunder Bay is Rumours Dining Room
The best vegan restaurants in Thunder Bay are The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Thunder Bay, Lot 66 and Bight Restaurant + Bar
The best vegetarian restaurants in Thunder Bay are EL TRES, The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Thunder Bay and Caribou Restaurant + Wine Bar
The restaurants with the best service in Thunder Bay are Giorg Cucina e Barra, Seler Restaurant & Wine and The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Thunder Bay
The restaurants with the best ambiance in Thunder Bay are Giorg Cucina e Barra, The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Thunder Bay and Lot 66
- Dragon Hills Golf Course Driving Range
- A&K Motel
- Silver Harbour
- Pleasant Harbour
- Super 8 Thunder Bay
- Victoria Inn Hotel and Convention Center Thunder Bay
- Villa Bianca Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Thunder Bay
- Happy Harbour
- Grand Portage National Monument
- French Harbour
- Sunday Harbour
- Boreal Research Station
- Tee Harbour
- Edward Harbour
- Chummys Harbour
- Fort William Gardens
- Comfort Inn Thunder Bay
- Lauren Grove Park
- Fish Harbour