- DDodaVancouver / British Columbia •4 reviews4.0Dined 3 days agoThe main courses were very good, but we ordered the Mediterranean plate for the appetizer and it was very disappointing. The Kalamata olives were small and it looked like they were chewed at the end. The humous was rather tasteless and the shaved cucumbers were thin and dry. Only a couple of carrot sticks on the plate. Very disappointing for 18.00 CAD. I have had this appetizer before and it was very good so I don't know what happened since, maybe the head chief was away??More infoBayside Restaurant and LoungePrice: Expensive• Canadian• Parksville•4.3
- AAmac0627Toronto / Ontario •2 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoWe ordered some cocktails to start and they were all very delicious! Well made cocktails and they weren’t too sweet (I don’t like too sweet cocktails), good quality, and well balanced. We ordered beef short ribs, ribeye steak, halibut dish, and sable dishes and they were all delicious and enjoyable. Interesting cheese cake dessert which had some blue cheese added was good, I like blue cheese so I enjoyed with the port syrup and champagne jelly, but my husband wasn’t a fan of it. However, he loved the espresso martini! Great atmosphere, delicious food and drinks, and lovely service really made our Christmas staff dinner very special and enjoyable.More infoThe Beach Club ResortPrice: Very Expensive• Canadian• Parksville•4.4
- PKPatKEdmonton / Northern Alberta •7 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoFantastic as usual , great hostess and server. Have yet to not be happy about brining friends here for a relaxing evening by the fire.More infoTimber Room Grill at Crown IslePrice: Moderate• Grill• Courtenay•4.6
- OTOpenTable Diner1 review5.0Dined on Oct 26, 2023We’ve dined here many times and never fails to exceed our expectations! Everything about Coastal Cookery is just an example of what all restaurants should thrive to be!More infoCoastal CookeryPrice: Moderate• Canadian• Powell River•4.5
- EDErinD1 review5.0Dined on Oct 7, 2023We had a great dinner! Our server was super accommodating and opened up a table in the covered patio area for us because we wanted to have our bikes beside us. The food was excellent and the service great. I find it pricey, especially because I like a glass of wine, but that is pretty standard in the restaurants I like now.More infoMoxies - Campbell RiverPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Campbell River•4.4
14 romantic restaurants for any kind of date night in Vancouver
Whether it’s on February 14 and you’re toasting love with everyone else or it’s just the two of you marking an anniversary, ocean-flanked Vancouver has you covered for romantic restaurants. A Silk Road-inspired spot with locations in Kits and Mount Pleasant regales couples with live music. In the Stadium District, a swanky hotel restaurant is a group hang hotspot thanks to extravagant, shareable desserts such as crème brûlée doughnuts and hot whiskey cake. In Fairview, a tiny but mighty bar with a solid tapas selection was made for no-pressure first dates. At these top Vancouver restaurants, romance isn’t just about candlelight and wine. Here are 14 romantic restaurants designed for you and your sweetheart to adore.
Celebrate your special occasions at these top 13 Vancouver restaurants
Vancouver’s breathtaking surroundings make it all the more exciting to go out for a celebratory meal. But beyond epic waterfront views, Vancouver’s thriving dining scene holds something for all kinds of celebrations. Whether it’s a top-notch Chinese meal in luxe interiors, eating flaky Moroccan pastries under a lantern-lit ceiling, or sharing a towering seafood platter in a city famous for its fresh catch, Vancouver offers plenty of options for a celebratory meal out. Read on for 13 Vancouver restaurants to book when you’re looking to ring in something special.
4 New Must-Try Restaurants in Vancouver
New restaurants have been opening at a pace faster than Vancouver has seen in recent years, making dining here more exciting than ever. Choose from additional locations of local favorites, an Alberta eatertainment import where you can eat and play at the same time, and an all-new concept serving ancient Peruvian fare in Mount Pleasant. Restaurants are also increasingly offering ways to give back, with one spot benefitting humanitarian relief in Ukraine and another folding gratuity into prices to provide fair salaries and benefits. No matter the cuisine or reason, these are the four must-book new spots around Vancouver.
Vancouver’s 11 Favorite Bars
Almost every restaurant will happily serve up drinks—alcoholic or booze-free—regardless of whether there’s a food order. But there are times when something extra special is necessary when it comes to what’s in the glass and the atmosphere. Raise a glass to these dozen Vancouver spots that all offer something standout in the drinks department, from the city’s most innovative cocktails to more casual haunts for game day.
Where to Dine Outside in Vancouver This Summer
With the end of spring showers, Vancouver’s sunny season is starting and restaurant patios, rooftops, and terraces are poised to welcome you back. The city’s temporary patio program—which kicked off in the summer of 2020 in response to the pandemic—has some changes for summer 2022, so you might not see as many temporary sidewalk and curbside patios as before. Here are some of Vancouver’s best outdoor dining spots, some open year-round. Get ready for afternoon tea, mountain and sea views, and the joys of being outside for cool cocktails, snacks, and meals from brunch to dinner at the city’s top spots for outdoor dining.
21 Restaurants That Define Vancouver Dining
Vancouver’s vibe may be relaxed and casual, but the city takes its food seriously. Sustainable seafood and local ingredients are on almost every Vancouver menu from restaurants focussing on international fare to those that serve the region’s iconic Pacific coastal cuisine. Vancouver’s greatest restaurants include newcomers such as Fable Diner’s third location in Yaletown as well as namesake restaurants from some of Canada’s most famous chefs such as Hidekazu Tojo and Vikram Vij. These must-visit restaurants are in Vancouver’s favourite neighbourhoods and within the city’s best hotels, welcoming both casual diners and those celebrating special occasions. These are the 21 Vancouver restaurants that symbolize the city’s impressive dining scene.
10 Vancouver Burgers To Add to Your Bucket List
You can get a burger pretty much anywhere, though getting a great burger is much more of a challenge. Whether you like your burger classic or creative, everyday or exceptional, Vancouver’s got you covered for burgers. These are ten of the city's best, from wagyu beef with black truffles to classic smashburgers.
Frequently asked questions
As of December 6, 2023 there are 2 restaurants in Powell River. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Canadian and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Powell River who deliver with Uber Eats, ChowNow, Toast, Skip The Dishes.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Powell River either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- SunLund By-The-Sea RV Park
- Desolation Sound Marine Park
- Seaside Villa Motel & RV Park
- Beach Gardens Resort and Marina
- Marine Inn
- Lund Cottage
- Seabreeze Resort
- Grace Harbour
- Powell River Harbour Guesthouse & Hostel
- Ruby Lake Resort
- Parker Harbour
- Okeover Arm Park
- Copeland Islands Marine Park
- Motel Bathgate Marina
- Westview Centre Motel
- Powell River Town Centre Hotel
- The Historic Lund Hotel
- Rodmay Hotel
- Inland Lake Park
- The Savary Island Resort