Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We still hand-cut every steak when you place your order tableside. It’s not the easiest way, but quality never is. This allows us to make sure that every steak that leaves our kitchen is consistently succulent and flavorful.
This is our pledge to you. Join us!
Indulge in the finest food, drink, and entertainment on the Northshore.
Our events calendar caters to all tastes and preferences, with exclusive wine tastings and bespoke culinary experiences crafted by our renowned chefs and expert mixologists. We’re committed to providing an unforgettable dining experience that captivates our guests, constantly evolving and adding new events to ensure the utmost refinement and sophistication. Come experience the exceptional elegance that makes us a premier destination for fine dining.
- MUMUSSELSNew Orleans / Louisiana •5 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoCurtis and Patrick were our waiters. Both were knowledgeable and attentive. Food was delicious. Chef's Cuban beef stew taste was yummy. I'm SO glad carpaccio is back on the menu. The fried oysters were a nice addition. My husband's yellow fin tuna was cooked rare to perfection. We had a lovely evening.More infoTchefuncte's$$$$Price: Expensive• Steakhouse• Madisonville•4.7
- CGCherylGNew Orleans / Louisiana •1 review4.0Dined 2 days agoFood was delicious. Our server, Liv B, was excellent! My two granddaughters said she was the best ever. She was very attentive and worked well under pressure.More infoBoulevard American Bistro Covington$$$$Price: Expensive• American• Covington•4.5
- NNolaNew Orleans / Louisiana •13 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoWe come here often for both lunch and dinner because Gallagher’s never disappoints. Tonight was no exception. Great food, wonderful atmosphere and fabulous service. Drinks here are top notch as well. I highly recommend visiting the 527 for your next celebration or night out.More infoPat Gallagher's 527 Restaurant & Bar$$$$Price: Expensive• American• Mandeville•4.9
- OTOpenTable DinerOrange County •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoVery attentive staff, delicious food, and drinks handcrafted to your needs! The perfect date night spot! We went for a spontaneous date and were able to snag the 4:45 reservation. I love their lemon drop martinis. The food was amazing! We had the Oysters Madisonville for our appetizer, for our main courses I got the special Lobster pasta and my boyfriend got the ribeye. Everything was absolutely fantastic. Topped it off with crème brûlée for dessert! Highly recommend!More infoKeith Young's Steakhouse$$$$Price: Expensive• Steakhouse• Madisonville•4.9
- JMJudithMNew Orleans / Louisiana •2 reviews5.0Dined on Feb 16, 2024Wonderful meal, wonderful service! Order the 5 course meal and you will have delicious leftovers for 2 days!More infoImpastato Cellars$$$$Price: Moderate• Italian• Madisonville•4.6
12 romantic restaurants ideal for date night in New Orleans
New Orleans knows how to treat its couples, whether that means a plush hotel lounge or a cozy family-owned favorite. For a chic first date, there’s a bar that pours 30 wines on tap. Anniversaries get an Amalfi Coast-inspired escape in a suave hotel. AI-powered art dials up the wow factor at an ultra-modern steakhouse. This guide pairs New Orleans restaurants with romantic occasions from first dates all the way to milestone anniversaries. These are New Orleans’s 12 best date-night restaurants.
12 stellar special-occasion restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleanians mark time by food seasons, not calendar flips. The hottest months belong to frozen daiquiris and technicolor snoballs. Spring brings families and friends together over spicy spreads of boiled crawfish. Carnival season is all about sweet and savory king cakes. In other words, in a city that puts food at the center of its life—and not just the center of the table—eating and drinking is always a special occasion. When it comes to celebrating a birthday, graduation, or just feeling alive in the Big Easy, the stage is set with buckets of seafood, cocktails in James Beard Award-winning bars, and grand dining rooms that have hosted generations of milestone events. Read on for a guide to the 12 best restaurants to book across New Orleans to get the party started.
The best places to grab a drink in New Orleans
New Orleans’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
These 10 New Orleans restaurants nail outdoor dining
New Orleans’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
14 restaurants vital to New Orleans
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of New Orleans dining right now.
4 Must-Book Restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants are the beating heart of this festive city, and to say they’ve had a tough few years would be putting it mildly. The good news is that hospitality is calling again, and nobody does it better than the restaurateurs, chefs, servers, and bartenders that call the Big Easy home. Superior service continues to set New Orleans’s restaurant scene apart. Among the standouts, there’s a brand-new izakaya helmed by a meticulous executive chef who spent time in Japan and a Mid-City tapas bar that churns out a one-of-its-kind, afterhours brunch for the midnight munchies. Book one, book all, and be warmly welcomed at these four new restaurants, representing the best of New Orleans right now.
Situated along the Tchefuncte River, this New Orleans suburb makes the perfect backdrop for meals that are true to Louisiana. Few things define the culinary identity of this region quite like gumbo and jambalaya, which were invented in Louisiana. As any self-respecting Louisiana native will tell you, there is no better place to eat them than the place of their conception. Madisonville was once a Tangipahoa Indian village and, as a direct result, traditional Native American cuisine is melded with alligator, crawfish, frog and waterfowl. All of these are an innate nod to some of the region’s best contributions to the food world. Visitors are sure to be satisfied by the area's variety of culinary must-haves.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Madisonville is Tchefuncte's