Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Come enjoy a casual meal with friends or a celebration with your loved ones. Either way, you'll be taken care of by our knowledgeable and friendly team. We take pride in what we serve and how we serve it - Great food and exceptional customer service.
*FOR PARTIES OF 9 OR MORE, PLEASE CONTACT THE RESTAURANT DIRECTLY, HAVE A CREDIT CARD READY WHEN CALLING TO SET THE DEPOSIT*
Famous for an evolving menu that blends the traditional with the exotic, The Gamekeeper features a selection of perfectly prepared game plus a range of continental and American entrees.
Acclaimed chef and owner Ken Gordon brings tremendous warmth and skill to the table treating you more as friends than guests. You'll experience a meal to remember that includes fine wines, decadent desserts, and a generous serving of personal attention. You'll leave happy and impressed with a desire to return soon!
We do have two levels at our restaurant, please indicate in the notes section if you are not able to navigate the stairs and need to be seated downstairs.
For parties of 7 or more, a credit card is required to hold the table and a cancellation policy will be discussed when you make your reservation.
We do not offer a private dining area, outside seating, or catering. We are happy to make suggestions if that is what you are looking for!
Our Corkage Fee is $20/bottle & Non-Postero Food Fee is $4/person
Reid’s Cafe is located in beautiful Sugar Mountain, NC. We love the intentional, the specific, and the well-cared-for. We work closely with our local farms and purveyors to curate fresh, seasonal menus that feature regionally sourced meats, a rotation of fresh oysters and select seafood. All of our breads, pastas, and pastries are prepared in-house daily. Our Bar offers local beers, seasonal craft cocktails, and a well chosen wine selection. We are currently operating under all Covid-19 restrictions and following all CDC and local guidelines. The health and safety of our guests and our staff is our #1 priority. Outdoor reservations are by phone only. We look forward to seeing you.
Located at the Inn on Biltmore Estate, indulge in elegant dining specializing in regional cuisine. Our culinary team invites you to enjoy our seasonal menus with beautiful views, and gracious service. We strive to support the local community through the use of sustainable agriculture.
Our experience is a great chance to meet new people and make new friends! Our menu changes in accordance with the freshest, seasonal local ingredients.
GF/V/Kids Menu Options available upon request**
Our kitchen is not 100% allergen / nut free, so please take this in to consideration or call before booking if you have allergen concerns.
Glass Onion Serves Northern Italian Fare Simply Prepared Using Mostly Local, Organic & Sustainable Products From Area Farmers & Vendors.
Open for Dine-in Wed-Sun 5-8pm Last Seating is 8pm
Sometimes the magic of sharing a table with friends over fabulous food and wonderful wine can be elevated by a place. Canyon Kitchen has that impact. Canyon Kitchen uses local produce and organic selections from our own community gardens and the surrounding area to source our creative Appalachian cuisine. Our multi-course menu is offered a la carte and will change regularly, sometime daily, and is enhanced by an extensive wine list and fresh, seasonal cocktails. A $40 corkage fee will be charged for bottles up to 750ml.
We recommend that all parties arrive 30-45 minutes before their reservation to take in our beautiful meadow. Reservations of 6 or are subject to a $25 per person credit card hold that will only be charged if you cancel within 24 hours of reservation.
20% service charge is added automatically to each check to be distributed amongst our front line staff. We thank you in advance.
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday 11-5.
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday 5 - 9.
Sunday Brunch: 10-3.
We are excited to welcome you to the Rocky Face Tavern, at Springdale Resort, with unobstructed views of Rocky Face Mountain and our front entrance offers sweeping views of Cold Mountain! Make your reservations now!
Located in Historic Saluda, with outdoor dining available and live music on Thursday night, The Purple Onion features a variety of ethnically inspired dishes with an emphasis on the Mediterranean’s simple and healthycuisine. The menu offers pizzas, pastas, seafood, vegetarian and meat dishes using locally raised trout and organic locally grown produce when available, antibiotic and hormone free meats and poultry.
Join us at The Speckled Trout for a taste of locally sourced regional fare by Chef Michael Foreman and warm hospitality that will keep y'all coming back!
- CTChiefTAsheville / Western North Carolina •11 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoThis is a go-to celebration restaurant. Expensive, but so worth it. The food is outstanding, especially if you enjoy fish and seafood. Wait staff were attentive and personable. The noise level got high, not not uncomfortable. Small plates are generous for two to share. High level Mexican for a night out celebrating!More infoLimones RestaurantPrice: Expensive• Mexican• Asheville•4.7
- RVRVTravellersUSALas Vegas •5 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWe have been to Sunset Terrace many times to bring our out of town guests. It was the perfect day, food and service was exceptional. We tried the short rib sandwiches and ragu. Must have been new items and they were delicious, our new favorites! We highly recommend dining here! We'll be backMore infoSunset Terrace - Omni Grove Park InnPrice: Expensive• American• Asheville•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerMiami - Dade •3 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Everything we ordered was delicious! We didn’t wait long for our food which is always a plus and the honey margaritas I had were just perfect!! Service was good .More infoTupelo Honey - Downtown AshevillePrice: Moderate• Regional American (Contemporary Southern)• Asheville•4.6
- WwoolworthlunchcounterNew York / Tri-State Area •8 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Great New Year’s Day Brunch… it’s a tradition.More infoThe BlackbirdPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Asheville•4.4
- RCRebeccaCSouth Carolina •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Fried green tomatoes were amazing and the views were spectacular!More infoEdison - Omni Grove Park InnPrice: Expensive• Regional American (Contemporary Southern)• Asheville•4.6
Some of the area chefs in Asheville have nicknamed their town "Foodtopia" because of the area's well-known creative passion for great cuisine. Culinary experts throughout the entire western portion of North Carolina appear to have adopted this sentiment. Elegant fine dining establishments can be found alongside mid-priced luncheonettes. You can find a creative local deli for sandwiches, soups, and salads. Your hotel's dining area may turn out to be a five-star restaurant. Whether you're in Asheville or another Western North Carolina hub, there is no shortage of high-quality food choices. European flavors are popular; German schnitzel with spaetzle shows up on menus around town. Mexican fare is another plentiful option, and Caribbean spices have found a place in the Asheville area too. Many local menus provide vegetarian and vegan choices as well as gluten-free options.
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in Western NC. Our customers recommend Artisanal Restaurant, Ruth's Chris Steak House - Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel and Brio Italian Grille - Cherokee - Cherokee Casino
As of October 3, 2023 there are 99 restaurants in Western NC. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Regional American (Contemporary Southern), Italian, Steakhouse, Contemporary American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Western NC who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Western NC either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Biltmore/Asheville
- Nantahala Overlook Cabin
- Nantahala Game Lands
- Mount Mitchell State Park
- Grandfather Mountain
- Conrad Stadium
- Biltmore Village Lodge
- Valle Crucis Farm
- Mast General Store
- Broyhill Park
- Asheville Regional Airport
- Aloft - Asheville Downtown
- Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville
- Tellico Ranger Station
- Kidd Brewer Stadium
- Grove Park
- Flat Rock Playhouse
- North Carolina Arboretum
- Asheville Mall
- Beech Mountain